District Administrator – Barbara McGary
Barbara McGary’s duties include supervising all district personnel, administration of all district services, and advocacy for district services on the local, state, and regional level.
District Consultant – June Houghtaling
Main duties are counseling, coordinating and stimulating awareness.
The following is a brief description of these duties:
* Assist in strategic planning, building projects, LSTA, and Keystone grants,
* Organize and provide continuing education for library directors, library staff, and trustees.
* Serve as a liaison between member libraries and Commonwealth Library, interpret standards and library codes, review annual reports, and develop library services.
Children’s Services – Nina White
Duties for the NCLD include:
* District-wide Pennsylvania One Book, Every Young Child Reading Initiative launch and campaign.
* PA Forward programming ideas and kits for distribution to member libraries.
* Coordination of Summer Reading Program training.
Nina is the Youth Services Coordinator for the James V. Brown Library and serves as Youth Services Consultant for the NCLD. Nina is available to answer questions pertaining to youth services,Summer Reading and related topics and the PA Forward Initiative in the district. Please contact Nina with your questions, ideas or other children’s service needs.
Manages Overdrive Service -Sue Mayshock
Sue orders all audio and ebooks for the eBranch2Go service and is very knowledgeable about assisting patrons and library staff in using all facets of the service. Sue also compiles the monthly Overdrive statistics for the NCLD Libraries. Sue is available to assist your library in many ways in fully utilizing the eBranch2Go service. Please contact Sue Mayshock to learn how she can help your library utilize the Overdrive service.
Reference Service – Melissa Rowse.
Melissa offers help with individual reference questions as well as helping libraries develop their reference tools and collections. .Please contact Melissa at 570-326-0536 – ext. 103 or by email at
Web Administration -Jeremy Shatley.
Contact Jeremy Shatley for updates or questions about district member web sites at 570-326-0536 – ext. 109 or by email at
Web Administration -Joshua Hudson.
Contact Joshua Hudson with technology questions, troubleshooting, purchasing questions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 570.326.0536 ext. 152.